After almost two years as Entries Secretary, work and other rowing commitments mean I need to stand down from the role by the end of February. So, for all of those of you wanting to get more involved in the club, here is your chance! The Entries Secretary role is vital to the club – without one, BRC rowers would drive a trailer of boats to a regatta and then just sit on the sidelines looking jealous!
The key jobs of the Entries Secretary are:
- Submitting crew entries for events;
- Collecting entry fees and petrol money from squad VCs;
- Paying race fees to event organisers;
- Collating the list of up-and-coming races and updating the BRC website;
- Attending the start of the monthly Rowing Committee meetings to talk to squad VCs about future events;
- Various other bits and bobs!
One important thing an Entries Secretary must be is organised and able to meet deadlines. Once the club deadline has passed, entries need to be submitted quickly so that the event doesn’t close. However, most events take entries through the British Rowing Online Entry system which is really easy to use!
The post is a great way to get involved with all squads. You end-up knowing where everyone is going and what they are doing! So, if you are interested, please email me at email@example.com and help the club to keep racing!